Список форумов Форум Liex - естественное продвижение Форум Liex - естественное продвижение

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Lowry was first introduced to the city o

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Форум Liex - естественное продвижение -> Поисковые системы
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
lw789

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Дек 30, 2018 9:40 am    Заголовок сообщения: Lowry was first introduced to the city o Ответить с цитатой

TORONTO - When Kyle Lowry was first introduced to the city of Toronto back in the summer of 2012 he was forced to share the stage with a new teammate, Landry Fields, the two acquired by the Raptors three days apart. Lowry, Torontos fallback option after a failed attempt to woo Steve Nash, was brought in from Houston to battle incumbent point guard Jose Calderon for the starting gig. Then general manager Bryan Colangelo had high hopes for Lowry but at that moment, a consolidated news conference in the concourse of the Air Canada Centre, he was just another player. He was due to earn $5.8 million that season. For Lowry those days are long gone. Thursday morning represented the Raptors first opportunity to make sure he knew that. With the official announcement of Patrick Patterson and Greivis Vasquezs extensions on hold, likely until early next week, this day was all about Lowry. It was his moment, well deserved, not unlike his freshly signed contract and significant pay raise. \"This is awesome,\" Lowry said, borrowing the phrase from GM Masai Ujiri, who had used it moments earlier. Ujiri and his star point guard sat side by side on stage in Real Sports Bar and Grill, located across from the ACC in the heart of downtown Toronto. This was not your run-of-the-mill press conference. It was an event. The Raptors had opened up the festivities to their fans, who played hooky from school and work on a Thursday morning to support a player they have adopted as their own. They screamed, they chanted, they took photos and Lowry - an introvert, who doesnt generally hand out smiles - couldnt wipe the smirk off his face. Retaining Lowry had been the Raptors top priority from the moment last seasons playoff run came to an abrupt end. They spared no expense in showing the 28-year-old how much he means to the embattled franchise and they wasted no time in getting him locked up. Lowry agreed to terms on a four-year, $48 million deal last Wednesday, officially putting pen to paper Thursday morning when the free agent moratorium period was lifted. Lowry was courted by a number of teams - including title contenders in the Houston Rockets and Miami Heat - when free agency unofficially opened on July 1. \"They were real factors,\" Lowry admitted. Returning to Toronto, however likely, was not a lock. Along with his family and agent, Andy Miller, he considered his options, weighing pros and cons and doing his due diligence before coming to a quick decision. It didnt take long for him to realize where he wanted to spend the next three years, with a player option for the fourth. \"I think the process was a difficult one but at the end of the day it was an easy one, it was the best one,\" Lowry said. \"I didnt really think about it, honestly, until a week before free agency started. I knew it was going to be kind of stressful, but stressful in a good way. At the end of the day it was easy, it was easy to come back here.\" \"I didnt want to wait for everybody else,\" he continued, taking a subtle shot at a few of his fellow free agents, who appear to be in no rush despite holding up the process for the rest of the league. \"Im not going to wait for this guy to make a decision, I wanted to make my own decision and I wanted to make it when I was ready and I was ready after day one. So thats how easy the process was.\" Houston and Miami offered him a chance to compete for a championship right out of the gate but Toronto countered with their recently constructed winning environment, high aspirations, and an opportunity for incremental growth on the way to their ultimate prize. Most importantly, Lowry - an alpha dog by nature - wanted to lead a team to the promise land. Make no bones about it, the Raptors are Lowrys team. \"The driving factor was winning,\" he said. \"Honestly, I knew the money was going to come. I knew the years [were] going to come, so that wasnt too much of a worry. I just wanted to be in a situation where I can win and personally grow, as a man and as a player, and help a team and help an organization get to the point where theyre holding that trophy up.\" With the spotlight comes the pay cheque. \"I was [financially secure] before,\" he joked in response to a question about his new pay raise. \"[But] this helps.\" His new contract will be more than twice the size of his previous one, a four-year, $23.5 million deal signed in 2010, having earned a total of $28.8 million over the first eight years of his career. Lowrys one-time reputation for being a malcontent, like his anonymity, is a thing of the past. Of course, hes not the only one that stands to benefit, shedding a less than flattering league-wide perception as a result of this remarriage with the Raptors. \"Everyone says Toronto cant do this, or Toronto cant sign back their own free agents,\" Lowry acknowledged, with a tip of the cap to the franchises disappointing history. \"I just proved that wrong. Im back.\" Before the Raptors can establish themselves as a preferred destination for the NBAs brightest stars, they know they must take care of their own. Even in a years time - as the team has turned its fortunes and its fan base has reminded the league why theyre one of the best - Ujiri continues to notice a significant change in how the city is perceived when speaking to players around the association. \"100 percent,\" said the Raptors GM. \"I think people saw what happened here.\" \"Players want to win and players want to be treated well and we try to treat players well,\" Ujiri continued. \"I think Kyle Lowry was at the forefront of that. Players in the NBA see that and they want to come play where its a great atmosphere, theyre treated well and theres a culture of winning. We expect more players to come here.\" According to Ujiri, Lowry was ready and willing to do his part in the recruitment process almost immediately after agreeing to terms last week. Still technically a free agent, Lowry texted the Raptors GM shortly after the two reached a verbal agreement to ask him if there was a player he could call and try to steer in Torontos direction. \"I wish I had more money to sign another player,\" Ujiri joked. While all-star and leading scorer DeMar DeRozan remains an integral part of the teams future - and played a significant role in Lowrys decision to return - the unmistakable face of the resurgent Raptors was sitting centre stage. The team is his and, evident in Thursdays mornings turnout, so too is the city. He wont be sharing the stage, or the spotlight any time soon. Two years ago, almost to the day, Colangelo gave Lowry the keys. Now, Ujiri has given him the whole car. \"You dont get many chances to say its your team,\" he said. \"Honestly, you dont get many chances. As a competitor, as a professional, I relish in that, the fact that I get to say its my team, Im the leader of the team.\" Air Jordan From China . He managed to save par, and went on to put together his best opening round of the year. Calcavecchia and Wes Short Jr. Discount Jordans . Louis Cardinals won the World Series last season, but after losing first baseman Albert Pujols to free agency and manager Tony LaRussa to retirement, they opened the 2012 season in 12th spot in the TSN. http://www.airjordanoutletsale.com/. Notes on P.K. Subban, Dale Weise, Erik Haula, Mikael Granlund, Ilya Bryzgalov and more. Cheap Air Jordan Authentic . - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. Cheap Air Jordan Outlet Store . But San Diego had even more trouble against right-hander Tanner Roark, who pitched a three-hitter for the first complete game of his career as the Nationals shut out the Padres 4-0. The 27-year-old set down the first 16 batters before San Diego catcher Rene Rivera, an .Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (SportsNetwork.com) - Martin Kaymer overcame a pair of bogeys in his opening round Thursday as he fired an 8-under 64 to grab a one-shot lead at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship. Kaymer, a three-time winner of this event, birdied three of his last four holes to earn the first-round lead. He owns both the 36- and 72-hole scoring record at this event. Thomas Pieters opened with a 7-under 65 on the National Course at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and is alone in second place. Branden Grace carded a 6-under 66 and was joined in third place by Gregory Bourdy, Tyrell Hatton, Alexander Levy and Mikko Ilonen. World No. 1 Rory McIlroy was tied for eighth place after he shot 67. Among those tied with McIlroy was Rickie Fowler, who finished inside the top five at all four majors last year. It was good. To shoot 67 the first round of the year is nice. How I got to that 67 wasnt quite as glamorous at times, admitted McIlroy. Theres a couple of things I need to work on if I want to have a chance to win this tournament. I need to drive the ball better for sure and I missed a few opportunities on the greens as well. Kaymer, the 2008, 2010 and 2011 winner, opened with a birdie at the first. After three pars in a row, he moved to 2-under as he birdied No. 5. He followed a birdie at the seventh with an up-and-down birdie at the par-5 eighth. The German gave that stroke right back as he bogeyed the ninth, then erased that mistake with a 5-foot birdie effort at 10. After a long birdie putt on the 11th, he stumbled to another bogey at the 12th to dip back to minus-4. Kaymer birdied the 13th and 15th, both from about 10 feet, to inch within one of Pieters, the early leader. Kaymer grabbed a piece of the lead with a 20-foot birdie putt on the 17th. At the par-5 closing holee, Kaymer reached the green in two.dddddddddddd His eagle effort missed short and right of the hole, but he tapped in for a closing birdie and the slim lead. I putted well. I made 10 birdies. Im not sure if I have ever done (that before). I hit a lot of fairways, my irons were quite sharp and I putted well. Its very difficult to shoot a bad score when you play like this, said Kaymer. Now, the goal is not to compare myself tomorrow to the round what happened today. Tomorrow will be a new start, but its a brilliant start to a great tournament. Pieters got on the board with birdies at the third and fifth. After a pair of pars, he kicked off a hot stretch with a birdie on the par-5 eighth. The 2014 Open de Espana runner-up also birdied the ninth to make the turn at minus-4. Pieters followed with birdies at 10 and 11 to make it four in a row. He climbed to minus-7 with a birdie on No. 13. However, Pieters stumbled to a bogey on the par-3 15th. He atoned for that mistake with a birdie at the last. It was nice to start out the season with a 7-under round, so Im happy, Pieters stated. I like the greens here. NOTES: Along with winning this title three times in four years, Kaymer shared second place in 2009 ... Miguel Angel Jimenez had a hole-in-one on No. 15, while Tom Lewis aced the par-3 seventh ... Jimenezs ace was his eighth on the European Tour, which moved him within one of Colin Montgomeries tour record ... Henrik Stenson, a two-time runner-up at this event, struggled to a 4-over 76, while former U.S. Open champion Justin Rose tripped to a 1-over 73 ... Defending champion Pablo Larrazabal managed a 1-under 71, which left him tied for 59th ... Alexander Noren, also tied at 5-under, is playing in just his third event in the last 14 months after battling tendinitis in both wrists. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение AIM Address
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Форум Liex - естественное продвижение -> Поисковые системы Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: